February 16

Feb Break

Hello All,

We hope your break is full of joy and happiness.

The grade 5s have had a great run up to the break with a multitude of activities and learning experiences.

A recap: Report Cards, Conferences, Winter Fun Day, Rosh Chodesh Adar, JDAIM, Reading Buddies and so on.

Both classes participated in JDAIM by creating information stations that they researched set up and then shared with the grade 3 class.

Both the grade 5s and JK love reading buddies!

In Science, we continue to explore matter and matters of the world. After the break we will focus on preparation for Innovation Day taking place on March 20.

Math is progressing with work on whole numbers, decimals and soon fractions. The students enjoyed counting money.

In English, they have been working through the steps of a persuasive essay writing.

Winter Fun Day

Have a GREAT BREAK

Posted February 16, 2024 by cwatters23 in category Uncategorised

About the Author

I am a developing teacher with many years of experience teaching at all age levels. I was born and raised in Nova Scotia and as a younger adult I served in the Canadian Navy. I retired in 2011 and moved to Baltimore, Maryland where I graduated from Towson University with my teaching education. I have taught in Halifax, New Hampshire and most recently, I taught at a local Forest school and a Montessori high school.