Shalom Grade 5,
I hope you all had a wonderful Shabbat. I am proud of all of you for writing letters to Holocaust Survivors! You are all modeling our North Stars: Being Responsible For One Another.
This week we will memorialize our Heros (Israeli Soldiers) on Tuesday and Celebrate Yom Ha’atzmaut with the world on Wednesday.
Today, I would like all of you to watch this video about Women of Israel (Zionism). When you finish we will play a fun Kahoot about these amazing women. Women of Zionism
Have a wonderful day.
We are continuing to build our Time Line cards. I am available to help- just message me.
Today you will research for the creation of 5 cards . You can use anything that has significance for your card in the time frame that I state.
On 1 side there is the date. On the other side write 1 sentence describing your card in French from your understanding of the specific time frames indicated.
For example: La date des Incas: Le soleil est très importante.
- In the time of the Incas.
- In the time of Samuel De Champlain.
- In the time of M. Guillotine.
- In the time of the first telephone.
- In the time of the first steam train travel in Canada.
Once finished you can watch this video:
Instructions will be given in live classroom chat.
Unscramble theses lyrics from the beginning: be ready to share orally in next live class.
This first part is talking.
siècle 16ème le
coins 4 de des l’Europe
gigantesques partent conquête de à la voiliers
navires a des bord ces de hommes
rêve d’aventure avides de et d’espace
This part is singing
soleil enfants du
la terre, le ciel parcours tu
chemin cherches ton
ta c’est vie, ton c’est destin
Grade 5 class prepared a PowerPoint presentation on winter in Canada after learning about winter in Israel. Mara and Ben have created the following presentation:
Please note the following criteria for marking the verbal Minecraft Project using prepositions.
- 2 marks =You present in front of the class and say your name. Plus- ‘voici mon centre communautaire’ or ‘mon école‘
- 15 marks = The following 10 prepositions and the use of il y a will be used in complete sentences describing your building .
sur = on
sous = under
dans = in
devant = in front of
avant = before
entre = in between
pour = for
derrière = behind
vers = towards
à côté de= beside
3. 3 marks =You present on Tuesday-NO LATER.