October 20

The middle of October

Hello Grade 5 Friends and Families,

It has been a busy week. A big shout out and thank you to the parents who helped lug in recycled materials or did some shopping for the Global Maker day.

Reading Wonder in ELA has really been embraced by all the students. We also have been working on a creative writing exercise with the students engaging their imagination.

Math (algebra) exercises and virtual learning have been worked on this week captivating many minds.

I know there were some concerns surrounding the math homework. I remind the kids daily, that the questions are there to help review the math they know and point out the questions that need repeat instruction. Please have the students circle the questions they are having difficulty with. 🙂

With CAT-4 Testing next week, there will NOT be a math quiz. Students and parents will be informed of the new date sometime next week.

There will be NO homework in General Studies next from me.

Reminders: Dress down day Oct 27

SMART Goals conferences Nov 2-3

Posted October 20, 2023 by cwatters23 in category Uncategorised

About the Author

I am a developing teacher with many years of experience teaching at all age levels. I was born and raised in Nova Scotia and as a younger adult I served in the Canadian Navy. I retired in 2011 and moved to Baltimore, Maryland where I graduated from Towson University with my teaching education. I have taught in Halifax, New Hampshire and most recently, I taught at a local Forest school and a Montessori high school.