October 12

Grade 5 Oct 10-13

Hello All,

The grade 5 classes have been busy at keeping busy over the past week. {With schoolwork} Unfortunately, due to sickness I did not get to post last week. 

Students in both English classes have read several chapters of Wonder now and have been responding to comprehension questions as well as putting themselves in the character’s position.          

Star Reading has been switched to a new program called Amplify. Students have been introduced to it today. Students should have a charged computer or a charging cable with them. Amplify also requires headphones or pods.

In Math, the students worked on mathematical vocabulary by creating flip-cards and graphic organizers. Some students worked on simplifying algebraic expressions. Both 5A and 5B took time yesterday to create meaningful messages using word cloud or artcloud websites. 

In Science, we continue working on the human body and making 3D models of our internal organs.

In Social Studies, after researching, students started building their group’s version of a scaled model Haudenosaunee longhouses. 

Posted October 12, 2023 by cwatters23 in category Uncategorised

About the Author

I am a developing teacher with many years of experience teaching at all age levels. I was born and raised in Nova Scotia and as a younger adult I served in the Canadian Navy. I retired in 2011 and moved to Baltimore, Maryland where I graduated from Towson University with my teaching education. I have taught in Halifax, New Hampshire and most recently, I taught at a local Forest school and a Montessori high school.