Addition, Subtraction and Problem Solving
It’s never a bad thing to continue practicing your addition and subtraction. This year, we’ve added decimals to the mix, and have been practicing using both operations in multi-step problem solving.
We will be having a math quiz on these skills on Monday, November 21st
Here’s what you need to know:
- estimating sums and differences (whole numbers and decimals)
- calculating sums and differences (whole numbers and decimals)
- multi-step problem solving
There are many ways to review for this quiz. We will be spending time in class reviewing the various components. Additionally, here are some things you can do at home:
* Practice test, we will complete this practice in class on Wednesday, you can also do it at home!
* IXL Math – your teacher has assigned some focus skills to practice.
* Practice Worksheets – you will find many different worksheets here to help you review.
It’s always a good strategy to make a study schedule for yourself. This past week you were given a schedule to help you study for your science quiz. Here is a blank schedule. Can you fill it out for yourself? Think about any extra-curricular activities you have, family commitments, or special events and plan out your study schedule from now until the day of the test.