The Student Blogs Are Live!
Over the last 4 (short) weeks, our students have started learning about the different functions of their blogs. They’ve created avatars, started writing posts, embedded images, and have even gotten some comments from other students around the world!
We have been able to do all this because we are participating in the Edublogs Student Blogging Challenge!
There are so many things I love about this program.
- Students are EXCITED to blog! Every day they come in asking me if we will be working on our blogs today. Imagine…they want to write…and document…and publish their work for a global audience!
- Students are learning important skills, such as keeping themselves safe online, interacting respectfully with others, editing their work to a point of being proud to share it with the world, and are making important decisions about what to share and why.
If you scroll down on the right hand side of this blog, you will see links to our student blogs.
Read them, comment on them! Here are some of the rules we’ve come up with when commenting that we’d like you to follow:
- Address the author by their blogging name (that means use their alias if they are using one, even if you know their real name)
- Be polite
- Be appropriate
- Agree or disagree with the blog and tell the author why
- Add an opinion or thought that could help the blogger improve
- Give details and ask questions
- If you are a parent of the blogger, please comment with your first name only to help continue keeping our students’ identity safe.
Feel free to share these blogs with your family and friends. It is so exciting every time someone gets some love and attention on their blog 🙂